Clients have been facing challenges in ensuring that the set ups in production are same as that in QA environment. Often the components have different performances in QA vs production environments. It was then the requirement of a JDE tool ensuring the balance during periodic production deployments. L&T Infotech Limited has developed the tool- JCART (JDE Configuration Analysis and Reporting Tool) ensuring a smooth composed platform. In a typical business environment, JCART with focus on ease of use and flexibility would cater to changing business requirements scenarios resulting to respective processing options/data selection.
In modern complex business process environment, the demand for prompt, flexible and adoptable business results have emerged as an immediate business needs. In the recent global economic turmoil, it has been observed that the business has more inclination towards reducing overhead cost. L&T Infotech have been putting consistent efforts in providing solution oriented services to our clients helping them resolve their business challenges. We were motivated to develop JCART tool on the basis of JD Edwards EntepriseOne Upgrade solution. The JCART tool has been developed to cater the key business process issues of data accuracy, huge work efforts, automated comparison and report generations, documentary evidence, faster output etc. for global companies. The key features of JCART are Extraction and Comparison of processing option values, data selection and data sequencing, Menus, UDCs, and DMAAIs etc
JCART object has been developed in India using Oracle JD EnterpriseOne 9.1 platform. The JCART integration has proved to be seamless as it is designed using Oracle’s proprietary JDE Native toolset. This has substantially resolved the compatibility and security issues. JCART features are PO< DS< DSQ< JOBQ, Documentor, Menu.
We started to develop JCART as a tool with one feature in late 2008. We offered to deploy the same as a service for one of our key customer – a giant international company that develops, manufactures and markets medical devices and services related to ostomy, urology, continence etc. The client have been benefited and now completely relied on JCART for necessary testing global output for comparison. The tool has added value to the client by saving on the resources training and intern increasing revenue. The client also could produce the documentary evidence to the governing authority while selling business parameters which were to their satisfaction. JCART integration will be available under Oracle add on system product as a Q33 code as a solution.
The JCART tool has been designed to extract, compare, update, and set up files like processing option, data selection, data sequencing, and documenter. The object set ID is created, which has a list of objects (application or UBE). JCART features include:
• JD Edwards EnterpriseOne-based functionality for extraction, comparison, and update of processing option values.
• Intra or inter instance comparison (for example, 9.1 DV versus 9.1 PD, 9.1 PD versus 8.12 PD).
• Automated functionalities resulting minimum manual intervention.
• Comparison results summarized and published in a PDF and Excel format.
The distinctive features of JCART are as listed below:
1. Processing Option Extract: This JCART tool feature enables to extract processing option values for a set of specified objects and populates details in a dedicated table.
2. Processing Option Compare: The distinctive feature of Processing Option Compare leads to evaluate an object’s processing option values for two specific freeze points. The final report displays mismatched processing option values or all processing option values.
3. Processing Option Snapshot Restore: This attribute facilitates to restore the values of extractions.
4. Processing Option Update: This feature offers the ability to update the processing option values of a selected version to multiple versions.
5. Data Selection Extract: The feature of Data Selection Extract permits to extract data selection values for a set of objects and populates dedicated tables with the details.
6. Data Selection Compare: This leads to comparison between two extractions from any product release, path code, production version, or region.
7. Data Selection Update: This feature is designed for updating data selection values of a selected version to multiple versions.
8. Documenter: IT extracts and compares the following JDE EnterpriseOne setup files:
User-Defined Codes Object Management Workbench Automatic Accounting Instructions System Code (Application and UBE)
Branch Plant Constant Line Type Constant Order Activity Rule Security Workbench
System Constants Data Dictionary Financial Constants DMAAI
9. Data Sequence Extract: It helps to extract data sequence values for the set of objects and populates dedicated tables with the details.
10. Data Sequence Compare: This leads to comparison between two data sequence extractions from any product release, path code, or production version, or from a region.
11. Job Queue Extract: Extracts job queue values for asset of objects and populates the details in dedicated tables.
12. Job Queue Compare: Compares two sets of job queue values.
13. Menu Extraction and Comparison: Provides an efficient comparison of menus across extraction types and environments.
Specification (Solution Details) :
1. Solution availability: Immediate
2. Company Size Solution is targeting: Mid Size and Global MNC
3. Open Source Solutions:
|Company Size Solution is Targeting||No data available.|
|Open Source Solutions||No data available.|
|Application Monitoring and Management|
Larsen & Toubro Infotech Limited